Surah Al Mulk
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Tabaarakal lazee biyadihil mulku wa huwa ‘alaa kulli shai-in qadeer
- Allazee khalaqal mawta walhayaata liyabluwakum ayyukum ahsanu ‘amalaa; wa huwal ‘azeezul ghafoor
- Allazee khalaqa sab’a samaawaatin tibaaqam maa taraa fee khalqir rahmaani min tafaawutin farji’il basara hal taraa min futoor
- Summar ji’il basara karrataini yanqalib ilaikal basaru khaasi’anw wa huwa haseer
- Wa laqad zaiyannas samaaa’ad dunyaa bimasaa beeha wa ja’alnaahaa rujoomal lish shayaateeni wa a’tadnaa lahum ‘azaabas sa’eer
- Wa lillazeena kafaroo bi rabbihim ‘azaabu jahannama wa bi’sal maseer
- Izaaa ulqoo feehaa sami’oo lahaa shaheeqanw wa hiya tafoor
- Takaadu tamayyazu minal ghaizi kullamaaa ulqiya feehaa fawjun sa alahum khazanatuhaaa alam yaatikum nazeer
- Qaaloo balaa qad jaaa’anaa nazeerun fakazzabnaa wa qulnaa maa nazzalal laahu min shai in in antum illaa fee dalaalin kabeer
- Wa qaaloo law kunnaa nasma’u awna’qilu maa kunnaa feee as haabis sa’eer
- Fa’tarafoo bizambihim fasuhqal li as haabis sa’eer
- Innal lazeena yakhshawna rabbahum bilghaibi lahum maghfiratunw wa ajrun kabeer
- Wa asirroo qawlakum awijharoo bihee innahoo ‘aleemum bizaatis sudoor
- Alaa ya’lamu man khalaq wa huwal lateeful khabeer
- Huwal lazee ja’ala lakumul arda zaloolan famshoo fee manaakibihaa wa kuloo mir rizqihee wa ilaihin nushoor
- ‘A-amintum man fissamaaa’i aiyakhsifa bi kumul arda fa izaa hiya tamoor
- Am amintum man fissamaaa’i ai yursila ‘alaikum haasiban fasata’lamoona kaifa nazeer
- Wa laqad kazzabal lazeena min qablihim fakaifa kaana nakeer
- Awalam yaraw ilat tairi fawqahum saaaffaatinw wa yaqbidna; maa yumsikuhunna illaar rahmaan; innahoo bikulli shai im baseer
- Amman haazal lazee huwa jundul lakum yansurukum min doonir rahmaan; inilkaafiroona illaa fee ghuroor
- Amman haazal lazee yarzuqukum in amsaka rizqah; bal lajjoo fee ‘utuwwinw wa nufoor
- Afamai yamshee mukibban ‘alaa wajhihee ahdaaa ammany yamshee sawiyyan ‘alaa siratim mustaqeem
- Qul huwal lazee ansha akum wa ja’ala lakumus sam’a wal absaara wal af’idata qaleelam maa tashkuroon
- Qul huwal lazee zara akum fil ardi wa ilaihi tuhsharoon
- Wa yaqooloona mataa haazal wa’du in kuntum saadiqeen
- Qul innamal ‘ilmu ‘indallaahi wa innamaaa ana nazeerum mubeen
- Falaammaa ra-awhu zulfatan seee’at wujoohul lazeena kafaroo wa qeela haazal lazee kuntum bihee tadda’oon
- Qul ara’aytum in ahlaka niyal laahu wa mam ma’iya aw rahimanaa famai-yujeerul kaafireena min ‘azaabin aleem
- Qul huwar rahmaanu aamannaa bihee wa ‘alaihi tawakkalnaa fasata’lamoona man huwa fee dalaalim mubeen
- Qul ara’aytum in asbaha maaa’ukum ghawran famai yaateekum bimaaa’im ma’een
When to Read
Recite it frequently to get protected from the punishment of the grave.
- Blessed be He in Whose hands is Dominion; and He over all things hath Power;-
- He Who created Death and Life, that He may try which of you is best in deed: and He is the Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving;-
- He Who created the seven heavens one above another: No want of proportion wilt thou see in the Creation of ((Allah)) Most Gracious. So turn thy vision again: seest thou any flaw?
- Again turn thy vision a second time: (thy) vision will come back to thee dull and discomfited, in a state worn out.
- And we have, (from of old), adorned the lowest heaven with Lamps, and We have made such (Lamps) (as) missiles to drive away the Evil Ones, and have prepared for them the Penalty of the Blazing Fire.
- For those who reject their Lord (and Cherisher) is the Penalty of Hell: and evil is (such), Destination.
- When they are cast therein, they will hear the (terrible) drawing in of its breath even as it blazes forth,
- Almost bursting with fury: Every time a Group is cast therein, its Keepers will ask, “Did no Warner come to you?”
- They will say: “Yes indeed; a Warner did come to us, but we rejected him and said, ‘(Allah) never sent down any (Message): ye are nothing but an egregious delusion!'”
- They will further say: “Had we but listened or used our intelligence, we should not (now) be among the Companions of the Blazing Fire!”
- They will then confess their sins: but far will be (Forgiveness) from the Companions of the Blazing Fire!
- As for those who fear their Lord unseen, for them is Forgiveness and a great Reward.
- And whether ye hide your word or publish it, He certainly has (full) knowledge, of the secrets of (all) hearts.
- Should He not know,- He that created? and He is the One that understands the finest mysteries (and) is well-acquainted (with them).
- It is He Who has made the earth manageable for you, so traverse ye through its tracts and enjoy of the Sustenance which He furnishes: but unto Him is the Resurrection.
- Do ye feel secure that He Who is in heaven will not cause you to be swallowed up by the earth when it shakes (as in an earthquake)?
- Or do ye feel secure that He Who is in Heaven will not send against you a violent tornado (with showers of stones), so that ye shall know how (terrible) was My warning?
- But indeed men before them rejected (My warning): then how (terrible) was My rejection (of them)?
- Do they not observe the birds above them, spreading their wings and folding them in? None can uphold them except ((Allah)) Most Gracious: Truly ((Allah)) Most Gracious: Truly it is He that watches over all things.
- Nay, who is there that can help you, (even as) an army, besides ((Allah)) Most Merciful? In nothing but delusion are the Unbelievers.
- Or who is there that can provide you with Sustenance if He were to withhold His provision? Nay, they obstinately persist in insolent impiety and flight (from the Truth).
- Is then one who walks headlong, with his face grovelling, better guided,- or one who walks evenly on a Straight Way?
- Say: “It is He Who has created you (and made you grow), and made for you the faculties of hearing, seeing, feeling and understanding: little thanks it is ye give.
- Say: “It is He Who has multiplied you through the earth, and to Him shall ye be gathered together.”
- They ask: When will this promise be (fulfilled)? – If ye are telling the truth.
- Say: “As to the knowledge of the time, it is with Allah alone: I am (sent) only to warn plainly in public.”
- At length, when they see it close at hand, grieved will be the faces of the Unbelievers, and it will be said (to them): “This is (the promise fulfilled), which ye were calling for!”
- Say: “See ye?- If Allah were to destroy me, and those with me, or if He bestows His Mercy on us,- yet who can deliver the Unbelievers from a grievous Penalty?”
- Say: “He is ((Allah)) Most Gracious: We have believed in Him, and on Him have we put our trust: So, soon will ye know which (of us) it is that is in manifest error.”
- Say: “See ye?- If your stream be some morning lost (in the underground earth), who then can supply you with clear-flowing water?”
Hadith or Benefit
“And We send down of the Qur’aan that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe (in Islamic Monotheism and act on it), and it increases the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers) nothing but loss” [al-Isra’ 17:82] “Say: It is for those who believe, a guide and a healing. And as for those who disbelieve, there is heaviness (deafness) in their ears, and it (the Qur’aan) is blindness for them. They are those who are called from a place far away (so they neither listen nor understand)” [Fussilat 41:44] Soorat al-Mulk is one of the great soorahs of the Qur’an which we are encouraged in saheeh reports to recite frequently, and there are reports which say that it will protect the one who recites it from the punishment of the grave. Abu Dawood (1400) and al-Tirmidhi (2891 – and he classed it as hasan) narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “There is a soorah of the Qur’an, with thirty verses, that interceded for a man until he was forgiven; it is ‘Soorah Tabaarak Alladhi bi yadihi’l-mulk (Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the dominion)’ [al-Mulk 67:1].” It was also classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh at-Tirmidhi.