Surah Al Baqarah (284, 285 & 286)
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
284. Lillahi ma fee assamawatiwama fee al-ardi wa-in tubdoo ma feeanfusikum aw tukhfoohu yuhasibkum bihi Allahufayaghfiru liman yashao wayuAAaththibu man yashaowallahu AAala kulli shay-in qadeer.
285. Amana arrasoolu bimaonzila ilayhi min rabbihi walmu/minoona kullun amanabillahi wamala-ikatihi wakutubihiwarusulihi la nufarriqu bayna ahadin min rusulihiwaqaloo samiAAna waataAAna ghufranakarabbana wa-ilayka almaseer.
286. La yukallifu Allahu nafsanilla wusAAaha laha ma kasabatwaAAalayha ma iktasabat rabbana latu-akhithna in naseena aw akhta/narabbana wala tahmil AAalayna isrankama hamaltahu AAala allatheena minqablina rabbana wala tuhammilnama la taqata lana bihi waAAfuAAanna waghfir lana warhamnaanta mawlana fansurna AAalaalqawmi alkafireen.
When to Read
ONCE Between Asr to Magrib
284. To Allah belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth. Whether you show what is within yourselves or conceal it, Allah will bring you to account for it. Then He will forgive whom He wills and punish whom He wills, and Allah is over all things competent.
285. The Messenger has believed in what was revealed to him from his Lord, and [so have] the believers. All of them have believed in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers, [saying], “We make no distinction between any of His messengers.” And they say, “We hear and we obey. [We seek] Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the [final] destination.
286. Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity. It will have [the consequence of] what [good] it has gained, and it will bear [the consequence of] what [evil] it has earned. “Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people.
Hadith or Benefit
Ad-Darimi recorded that Ash-Sha`bi said that `Abdullah bin Mas`ud (R.A) (R.A) said, “Whoever recites verses (001, 002, 003, 004, 005, 255, 256, 257, 284, 285 & 286) from Surat Al-Baqarah in a night, then Shaytan will not enter his house that night. In another narration, Ibn Mas`ud (R.A) (R.A) said, “Then Shaytan will not come near him or his family, nor will he be touched by anything that he dislikes. Also, if these verses were to be recited over a senile person, they would wake him up.”