Surah Al Baqarah (1-5)
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
- Thalika alkitabu larayba feehi hudan lilmuttaqeen.
- Allatheena yu/minoona bilghaybiwayuqeemoona assalata wamimma razaqnahumyunfiqoon.
- Wallatheena yu/minoona bimaonzila ilayka wama onzila min qablika wabil-akhiratihum yooqinoon.
- Ola-ika AAala hudan minrabbihim waola-ika humu almuflihoon.
When to Read
ONCE Between Asr to Magrib
- Alif, Lam, Meem.
- This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah.
- Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them.
- And who believe in what has been revealed to you, [O Muhammad], and what was revealed before you, and of the Hereafter they are certain [in faith].
- Those are upon [right] guidance from their Lord, and it is those who are the successful.
Hadith or Benefit
Ad-Darimi recorded that Ash-Sha`bi said that `Abdullah bin Mas`ud (R.A) (R.A) said, “Whoever recites verses (001, 002, 003, 004, 005, 255, 256, 257, 284, 285 & 286) from Surat Al-Baqarah in a night, then Shaytan will not enter his house that night. In another narration, Ibn Mas`ud (R.A) (R.A) said, “Then Shaytan will not come near him or his family, nor will he be touched by anything that he dislikes. Also, if these verses were to be recited over a senile person, they would wake him up.”